Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
The Northern New York Community Foundation seeks an experienced financial professional to join its leadership team as the Director of Finance. Responsibilities include financial management, compliance and risk management, and cross-functional philanthropic services. The Director of Finance is an exempt, management-level position responsible for organizing, planning, analyzing, directing and evaluating the Community Foundation’s financial functions. The Director of Finance primary purpose is to maintain the financial integrity of the Foundation by ensuring the accurate and timely implementation, accounting and reporting of the Foundation’s finances and investments in compliance with policies and procedures. The Director of Finance will also interface with donors and other community partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deep interest in and commitment to Northern New York and its people, organizations, places and heritage and appropriately honoring community legacies.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or a degree with equivalent experience. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance or accounting management capacity. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB standards and IRS regulations as they apply to nonprofit agencies.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision in a team-based atmosphere.
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Proven track record of exhibiting sound judgment with the highest ethical standards.
- Capable of managing all aspects of finance and administration and maintaining effective relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Experience with and competency with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as the ability to comprehend and use the Foundation’s software packages.
- Well-organized, self-disciplined, decisive with an ability to balance the big picture, long-term view with a hands on, day-to-day focus.
- Accomplish goals on time with the ability to balance the appropriate expenditure of physical and financial resources.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines with excellence, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly donor-centric.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, which must include your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position may also be directed to this email address. The deadline for first consideration is Friday, September 27, 2019.
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job classification. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Posted: Tuesday, September 3, 2019