TITLE: Multi-Media Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Regular, Full-time
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position’s primary responsibility is to assist Northern New York Community Foundation staff in coordinating, designing and producing publications, materials and multi-media deliverables to the organization’s donors, potential donors, professional advisors, non-profit organizations, civic leaders and community members, residing or connected to, our geographical footprint (Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties). The Multi-Media Coordinator will be responsible for the creation, implementation and evaluation of an array of Community Foundation communications to internal and external audiences, principally through graphic design projects, website management, and outreach materials. This position must support the mission and over-arching goals of the Community Foundation and the future Northern New York Philanthropy Center.
• Essential daily job functions include: Graphic design, website and general content management, marketing and project materials management, strong knowledge of marketing and design concepts.
• Design, layout and production of outreach materials for the Northern New York Community Foundation, including newsletters, brochures, program and development materials, advertisements, logos, invitations, event collateral and stationery.
• Assist in design, layout and production of print and electronic communications.
• Manage content and produce graphics for the Community Foundation’s website, publications and online platforms.
• Update and develop collateral materials for use by Community Foundation staff.
• Aid in preparing and distributing media inquiries and press releases.
• Track media coverage garnered and maintain press archives.
• Coordinate online photo albums and take pictures at Community Foundation events or related gatherings.
• Administer social media platforms for Community Foundation and encourage audience engagement/interaction.
• Assist Community Foundation staff with event promotions, registration and implementation.
• Serve as liaison with outside agencies and vendors when necessary to complete design projects.
• Ensure the proper organization, storage and maintenance of donor photos and audio/visual files.
• Produce all projects on time and on budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
Board relations: Assist the Executive Director in providing staff support to committees of the Board of Directors as appropriate. Coordinate materials and attend Board of Directors and committee meetings as requested.
General: Assist staff in other departments with multi-media projects, issues or questions. Work as a member of intra-departmental teams as appropriate to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Community Foundation. Participate in foundation-sector groups as appropriate.
• Maximum proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), HTML, Microsoft Office products required.
• 4-6 years of extensive graphic design (print and web) experience within a company or non-profit organization workplace will receive strong consideration. Presenting award-winning or acclaimed graphic design work (publications, magazines, annual reports, websites, etc.) as part of your application encouraged.
• Experience producing graphic design projects, print publications and other collateral materials, on time and on budget, as demonstrated through a provided portfolio of samples for company or non-profit communications.
• Degree or certification in graphic design/marketing/communications a plus.
• Newsletter production and website management experience a plus.
• Must possess excellent written, verbal, organizational and communication skills.
• Must value accuracy, attention to detail and a commitment to high quality communications products.
• Exhibit excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
• Position responsibilities require a solutions-oriented individual who can prioritize and multi-task, maintaining a high level of customer service among external stakeholders, as well as Community Foundation Board members and staff.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
• Knowledge of MicroEdge FIMS software a plus.
• Deep interest in and commitment to work of the Community Foundation, with a demonstrated passion for people, places and organizations of Northern New York, and their needs and concerns.
This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week plus occasional early and late hours for meetings onsite and offsite. Work hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some flexibility.
Dependent on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please mail a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references, and a portfolio of high-level, professional samples to: Northern New York Community Foundation, Attn: Executive Director, 120 Washington St., Suite 400, Watertown, NY 13601. Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2016.