Support this year’s campaign
Twenty-seven 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties answered the call to join the 2019 #giveNNY campaign as a way of putting community philanthropy above the specific interests of each organization. At the conclusion of the campaign, 100 percent of the amount raised will be distributed equally among the participating charitable organizations as grants from the Community Foundation. Click to view a brief video message from campaign participants.
Click the icon below to make a gift online to the 2019 #giveNNY Campaign. All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. To make a gift by check, mail your gift to #giveNNY, c/o Northern New York Community Foundation, 131 Washington St., Watertown, NY 13601.
The following nonprofits from Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence counties are participating in this year’s campaign:
- ACR Health, Watertown
- Antique Boat Museum, Clayton
- Association of the Blind & Visually Impaired of NNY, Watertown
- Carthage Area Hospital Foundation, Carthage
- CHJC, Watertown
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center Foundation, Ogdensburg
- Clayton Opera House (TIPAF), Clayton
- CREDO Community Center, Watertown
- Hand In Hand Early Childhood Center, Lowville
- Hospice of Jefferson County, Watertown
- JRC Foundation, Watertown
- New Day Children’s Center, Watertown
- North Country Family Health Center, Watertown
- Orchestra of Northern New York, Potsdam
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country, Watertown
- Samaritan Medical Center Foundation, Watertown
- Save The River, Clayton
- SPCA of Jefferson County, Watertown
- St. Lawrence County Historical Association, Canton
- Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity, Watertown
- Thousand Islands Land Trust, Clayton
- United Way of NNY, Watertown
- Volunteer Transportation Center, Watertown
- Watertown Family YMCA
- Watertown Lyric Theater
- Watertown Urban Mission
- WPBS TV, Watertown
#giveNNY began in 2017 as a grassroots, community-based movement to unite tri-county nonprofits in a local day of giving on #GivingTuesday. The campaign, now entering its third year, kicks off Monday, Nov. 4, and culminates with a day of radio broadcast on Tunes 92.5 FM on the international #GivingTuesday, Dec. 3. This year, the event team has partnered with the Community Foundation to help grow the effort and expand its reach. For the first time, the Northern New York Community Foundation will double all gifts made, up to a total of $10,000.
In 2018, 14 nonprofits that serve residents of Jefferson, Lewis and St, Lawrence counties participated and were each awarded a share of money raised during the campaign. #giveNNY helps to unite the region’s nonprofit organizations through a collaborative effort that highlights the important work they collectively achieve, in partnership with donors, in the communities where we live.
The movement ensures every gift of every size can be combined for greater reach. It is also unique in that participating nonprofit organizations are as diverse as the region, including, but not limited to, sectors of human service, arts and cultural, environmental and educational.