High school seniors for the freshman year of college
Regents scores: 30%
Cumulative GPA: 30%
Personal data & essay: 20%
Class Rank: 10%
Applicant Appraisals: 10%
Recipients of the Northern New York, Herring College and Visiting Nurse Association scholarships are chosen based on the student’s combined regents scores, cumulative GPA, rank in class, personal data, essay scores and applicant appraisals. The mentioned criteria are entered into a database to produce a numerical ranking of all freshman applicants. Remaining foundation restricted scholarships are awarded based on donor-directed criteria.
Non-Traditional Students: For any year in college, technical or vocational school, full or part-time
- For any year in college, technical or vocational school, full or part-time.
- High school or college transcripts are required.
- In-person interviews are required.
- Selection is based on educational objectives, ability to meet them and financial need.
- Amount of award is based on financial need.
North Pleasant Street, Watertown, Scholarship applicants:
- Applicants must reside on North Pleasant Street in Watertown and the applicant’s family must have resided on North Pleasant Street for at least five years.
St. Lawrence County applicants:
- High school seniors for the freshman year of college
- Applicants must be students in the following school districts: Canton, Clifton-Fine, Colton-Pierrepont, Edwards-Knox, Gouverneur, Hammond, Harrisville, Hermon-DeKalb, Heuvelton, Lisbon, Madrid-Waddington, Massena, Morristown, Norwood-Norfolk, Ogdensburg, Parishville-Hopkinton, Potsdam or St. Lawrence Central.
- Applications will be accepted from high school seniors who plan to enroll as full-time college freshmen (12 credits per semester).
- Students who plan to attend technical or vocational schools are eligible to apply.
- Selection is based on academic criteria and personal data as listed above.
Rotary Purple Heart Scholarship applicants:
- Applicants (or their dependents — spouse or child) must provide documentation that they or a parent or spouse was awarded the Purple Heart while serving in the U.S. armed forces.
- Applicants must be residents of Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Applicants can be entering any year of full-time undergraduate study (12 credits per semester).