The Northern New York Community Foundation seeks a full-time Foundation Associate, located in Watertown, New York, who will help oversee a variety of critical Community Foundation responsibilities and provide essential, complementary support to the organization’s core operations.
The mission of the Northern New York Community Foundation is to inspire and celebrate giving, steward resources honorably, and foster vibrant North Country communities. The Community Foundation’s core values are to inspire philanthropy, develop relationships, act respectfully, and honor stewardship for the betterment of Northern New York.
Since 1929, the Northern New York Community Foundation has been devoted to improving and enriching the quality of life for all in communities across Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence counties. Through partnerships with generous individuals, families, businesses, and others, the Community Foundation awards grants and scholarships from an endowment and collection of charitable funds to benefit the region. The Foundation helps donors achieve their charitable objectives now and for generations to come by preserving and honoring legacies of community philanthropy. The Community Foundation is a resource for local charitable organizations, donors, professional advisors, and nonprofit organizations. It also works to bring people together at its permanent home in the Northern New York Philanthropy Center to discuss challenges our communities face, find creative solutions that strengthen the region, and make it a great place to live, work, and play.
- Front line contact for Community Foundation phone calls, questions, as well as direct interaction with donors, nonprofits, and community stakeholders.
- Coordinate meeting schedule for the Northern New York Philanthropy Center meeting rooms, ensure submission of proper documentation and nonprofit compliance.
- Process and facilitate donor and nonprofit stewardship activities related to gifts and grants; provide proper acknowledgements, documentation and reports to donors and staff.
- Organize materials, invitations, and other items related to Community Foundation meetings. This includes drafting and coordinating meeting minutes for the Foundation’s Board of Directors meeting, grant making and investment committee meetings, and other committee work as assigned.
- Assist with donor, nonprofit and community stakeholder requests, meetings, and materials with support from staff.
- Responsibly maintain required documents according to Foundation policies.
- Oversee Foundation operational items such as supplies, materials, office needs where necessary.
- Assist with the stewardship of the Foundation’s volunteer and internship program.
- Support aspects of scholarship and grant program stewardship as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to work with a team and be self-sufficient
- Education: Associate Degree minimum or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years in an office environment; nonprofit experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and willingness to learn Foundation software programs
- Ability to multitask and complete assignments on time
- Active learner and with an eagerness to grow professionally
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Positive, team-oriented problem-solver
- Knowledge and experience about nonprofits and community organizations serving Northern New York is desirable
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- Writing samples preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with salary standards and work experience and a competitive benefits package
How to apply:
- Please submit your completed application no later than Friday, March 19, 2021, to Beth Maguire, Director of Finance, at email@example.com. You may also mail your application to Northern New York Community Foundation, 131 Washington St., Watertown, New York 13601