Madrid’s St. Lawrence Power & Equipment Museum is New Home to 1855 Nevin Memorial Church
MADRID — A $10,000 Community Foundation grant will support efforts under way at the St. Lawrence Power and Equipment Museum to stabilize and restore the historic Nevin Memorial Church that once stood in Lisbon.
The 1855 structure was donated to the museum in November 2020. In February, museum officials commissioned its deconstruction and successfully moved the structure to the Power and Equipment Museum’s main campus at 1755 State Highway 345 where it will join more than a dozen other historic buildings on the museum’s village green.
Nevin Memorial Church permanently closed its doors in December 2019 after 164 years of worship. Anticipating its closure, church trustees approached the Power and Equipment Museum’s board and offered the building and its contents to the museum.