Application Open for Up to $10,000 Through Jefferson Economic Development Fund
WATERTOWN — Five organizations were recently awarded grants from the Jefferson Economic Development Fund of the Northern New York Community Foundation, and another round of funding is now available.
The Jefferson Economic Development Fund encourages nonprofit organizations to think creatively and broadly when examining their services and identify a correlation between their work and economic development in Jefferson County. The fund was created in 2016 through the establishment of a partnership between the Community Foundation and the nonprofit formally known as the Jefferson County Chambers of Commerce.
The first round of grants approved from the fund were:
- Watertown First -— $3,000 to support targeted outreach campaigns to help boost and raise the visibility of local business in downtown Watertown
- Cape Vincent Improvement League -— $2,500 to purchase recycling and trash receptacles to help with village’s maintenance and beautification efforts.
- Village of Black River -— $2,000 to be directed toward a development study of a non-motorized, five communities trail connecting the City of Watertown to Fort Drum
- Jefferson Rehabilitation Center -— $1,500 to assist with the organization’s revitalization campaign for its Gaffney Drive campus
- Disabled Persons Action Organization -— $1,000 to support the organization’s 2021 concert series season.
Up to $10,000 is available for the second round of grant support from the Jefferson Economic Development Fund. A specific program, project or initiative may be appropriate to submit an application for funding. In the spirit of the fund’s charitable purpose, the Community Foundation is aiming to support the most appropriate requests that demonstrate a clear plan for public benefit, broad promotion and progress in local economic development, and enhancement to the quality of life in Jefferson County.
The deadline to submit an application for consideration is Friday, Oct. 23, 2020. Contact Max DelSignore, Community Foundation assistant director, email@example.com or 315-782-7110, to learn more about the fund, or to receive an application.
About the Northern New York Community Foundation
Since 1929, the Northern New York Community Foundation has invested in improving and enriching the quality of life for all in communities across Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties.
Through partnerships with businesses and organizations, charitable foundations, and generous families and individual donors, the Community Foundation awards grants and scholarships from an endowment and collection of funds that benefit the region. Its commitment to donors helps individuals achieve their charitable objectives now and for generations to come by preserving and honoring legacies of community philanthropy while inspiring others.
The Community Foundation is a resource for local charitable organizations, donors, professional advisors and nonprofit organizations. It also works to bring people together at its permanent home in the Northern New York Philanthropy Center to discuss challenges our communities face and find creative solutions that strengthen the region and make it a great place to live, work, and play.