The Northern New York Community Foundation will be a leadership supporter of the upcoming season for the Norwood Village Green Concert Series.
The Community Foundation’s board of directors awarded a $5,000 grant to enhance the variety of arts performances presented through the series. Heading into its 45th year, the Norwood Village Green Concert Series has become a staple of summer living in St. Lawrence County.
“The series has become one of those things that helps make the North County special. Their efforts to bring these experiences to the citizens of the area is something we feel is important to support. It also helps build upon our past investments in upgrades to their equipment infrastructure,” said Rande Richardson, Community Foundation executive director.
The Norwood Village Green Concert Series is a free-to-the-public, outdoor concert series which not only brings world class musicians to entertain and bring the community together. It also impacts student learning experiences by providing performing, audience, and workshop opportunities via its programs for Norwood-Norfolk and surrounding schools. It also benefits other non-profits in the area by providing a venue for the Norwood Kiwanis to run a concession, and for the Altar and Rosary Society to run an ice cream social.
“The Northern New York Community Foundation’s grant in support of the Norwood Village Green Concert Series 45th Anniversary season is an example of the North County’s larger community confirming the efforts of its smaller communities either in times of need, or just as importantly in times when visionary efforts are presented, [as happened] several years ago when the series envisioned an upgrade to its lighting system. Northern New York Community Foundation gave it 40 percent of the initial costs and the series supplied the other 60 percent using other means. We are lucky to have the ability here locally to have the backing of the foundation in all it does for all of us.” said Joe Liotta, president and founding director of the concert series. “This grant will assist us in sustaining our efforts. We are lucky to have the ability here locally to have the backing of the Foundation in all it does for all of us. For our part we will continue to present the very best in both touring and local performing artists in a free-to-the-public outdoor setting.”
The Community Foundation awarded a $5,000 grant to the Norwood Village Green Concert Series in 2014 to support sustainable upgrades to its lighting instruments, which helped enhance performances.
The Northern New York Community Foundation makes grants to support the work of non-profit organizations and provides scholarships to individuals in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence Counties. The Foundation has been built and added to from gifts (both while living and through their legacy plans) by individuals and organizations committed to meeting the changing needs of Northern New York, as well as supporting specific charitable interests and passions.