An announcement about the #giveNNY 2020 campaign will be made later in the year. Check this page periodically and follow #giveNNY on Facebook at Facebook.com/givelocalnny to stay informed and learn more.
The 2019 campaign
Twenty-seven 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties answered the call to join the 2019 #giveNNY campaign as a way of putting community philanthropy above the specific interests of each organization. At the conclusion of the campaign, 100 percent of the amount raised was distributed equally among the participating charitable organizations as grants from the Community Foundation. Click to view a brief video message from campaign participants.
2019 campaign participants
The following nonprofits from Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence counties participated in the 2019 #giveNNY campaign:
- ACR Health, Watertown
- Antique Boat Museum, Clayton
- Association of the Blind & Visually Impaired of NNY, Watertown
- Carthage Area Hospital Foundation, Carthage
- CHJC, Watertown
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center Foundation, Ogdensburg
- Clayton Opera House (TIPAF), Clayton
- CREDO Community Center, Watertown
- Hand In Hand Early Childhood Center, Lowville
- Hospice of Jefferson County, Watertown
- JRC Foundation, Watertown
- New Day Children’s Center, Watertown
- North Country Family Health Center, Watertown
- Orchestra of Northern New York, Potsdam
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country, Watertown
- Samaritan Medical Center Foundation, Watertown
- Save The River, Clayton
- SPCA of Jefferson County, Watertown
- St. Lawrence County Historical Association, Canton
- Thousand Islands Area Habitat for Humanity, Watertown
- Thousand Islands Land Trust, Clayton
- United Way of NNY, Watertown
- Volunteer Transportation Center, Watertown
- Watertown Family YMCA
- Watertown Lyric Theater
- Watertown Urban Mission
- WPBS TV, Watertown
2019 campaign results
Generous gifts from more than 115 individuals, families and businesses, and a Northern New York Community Foundation matching grant, lifted the 2019 #giveNNY campaign to a new record of $24,543 to support participating nonprofits in Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties.
#giveNNY began in 2017 as a grassroots, community-based movement to unite tri-county nonprofits in a local day of giving on #GivingTuesday. The campaign, which completed its third year in 2019, kicked off Monday, Nov. 4, and culminated with a day of radio broadcast on Tunes 92.5 FM on the international #GivingTuesday, Dec. 3, 2019. Last year, the event team partnered with the Community Foundation to help grow the effort and expand its reach. For the first time, the Northern New York Community Foundation doubled all gifts made, up to a total of $10,000.
In 2018, 14 nonprofits that serve residents of Jefferson, Lewis and St, Lawrence counties participated and were each awarded a share of money raised during the campaign. #giveNNY helps to unite the region’s nonprofit organizations through a collaborative effort that highlights the important work they collectively achieve, in partnership with donors, in the communities where we live.
The movement ensures every gift of every size can be combined for greater reach. It is also unique in that participating nonprofit organizations are as diverse as the region, including, but not limited to, sectors of human service, arts and cultural, environmental and educational.